fruits is a fig. My yard happens to have a tree in the back with these delightful
purple tear drops treats. Of my many recipes I like to make is fig jam and
a simple toast which is very yummy.
THIS IS NUTTY FIG TOAST
Hope you enjoy the recipe, thanks to mother nature for her wonderful fruit. Blessed Be to you
and yours, till the morrow.
- 8 to 10 fresh figs halved
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup salted roasted mixed nuts, plus chopped nuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toasted wheat berry bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the figs with the olive oil and a pinch of salt in a baking dish.Roast until soft, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the nuts and peanut oil in a food processor until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the ricotta, honey and cinnamon and pulse until combined, about 1 minute.
Spread the ricotta mixture on the bread and top with the roasted figs. Drizzle with honey and top with chopped nuts.